If you already know your current password and you just want to change it please see the following steps.
- Click on the Apple menu icon in the upper left corner of your Mac.
- Click on System Preferences from the drop down menu.
- Click on Users & Groups.
- Click the lock in the bottom left corner of the window to unlock the settings.
- Enter your current Mac account password.
- Select your user account.
- Make sure the Password tab is selected.
- Click on Change Password.
- Enter your current password under Old password.
- Enter a new password. You can use your Mac’s Password Assistant to suggest one for you.
- Enter the new password again under Verify.
- Include a password hint to help you remember if you forget it in the future.
- Click Change Password.
- Click the lock again to save the changes.
If you don’t know your current password click here to see how to reset your mac’s password.